Letters must be less than 1/4" thick
1 oz will now be 45 cents
Each additional oz up to 3.5 oz will be 20 cents
Letters from the USA to Canada or Mexico = 85 cents
Letters from the USA to all other countries = $1.05
Letters that are non-machinable (descriptions below) are subject to the 20 cents non-machinable surcharge.
- It is a square letter (the minimum size for a square envelope is 5".)
- It is too rigid - does not bend easily
- It has clasps, string, buttons, or similar closure devices
- It has an address parallel to the shorter dimension of the letter
- It contains items such as embellishments that cause the surface to be uneven (brads, gems, bows etc)..
- The length divided by height is less than 1.3 or more than 2.5
You could add a note on the front and back of your envelope that says “Please hand cancel”
Letters over the 3.5 oz will go as a Flat