22 May 2011

Clearly Inspired Challenge #28

http://www.clearlyistamp.typepad.com/
has a challenge going for a Critter card.. well Critters are right up my alley!
I had some trouble coloring that rooster... man is he small! LOL

The stamp set is from SU Farm Life
I used the Cricut Cartridge Storybook to cut the card and mats
SU Ink.. Close To Cocoa, Really Rust and Chocolate Chip
I colored it mostly with SU Pastels and a bit with Koh-i-nor Pencils

Clint got a real good laugh out this one... I was on the phone while I was stamping, I stamped the animals upside down (as you can see I had to trim the top edge)
so I flipped it over and did it over.. upside down again!
So I cut a new piece... well 4 new pieces later I got it!

I've wasted card stock before, but not so much of the same thing!

Not a good picture, but it's raining and so gloomy there is just no good light to be found.

Thank you Lori for the challenge and thanks everyone for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Great critters, Vikki Jo! That rooster does look difficult to color. So glad you played the CIC :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your critters, VikkiJo! The colors are great, and it makes such a great scene. Love the wheat stamped at the bottom. Thanks for playing the Clearly Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I hate when that happens especially if it is the last paper you have! So glad you finally got it. Cute card and great critters. Thanks for playing at Clearly Inspired Challenge #28.
    www.dunnitagaindesigns.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Brightly Gleaming

 My sister and I spent all day Friday organizing all of the Christmas papers.  Turns out I have 10 full bins, all retired of just Christmas....