28 October 2012

Cherry Romance!

Bordering on Romance Stamp Set pg 120
Cherry Cobbler pg 155 and Old Olive Markers pg 153
Blender Pen pg 178
Acrylic Block pg 7

I did marker to rubber so my flowers would be Cherry and the leaves would be Olive, not all one color on the scrap piece of Whisper White card stock

Using the blender pen and the marker I colored my image, you can go as dark or light as you desire

With the Extra Large Oval Punch pg 184

I punched out the part of the image I wanted to use and applied Pearls Pg to the centers. 2 of the large and 1 small Pearl



Hopefully you can stamp without such close supervision like I had! Spook is so nosy when I take out the markers. He thought he was being sneaky reaching over to steal a cap!


Now over to the Big Shot


Using Framelits Label Collection 3rd size from the center pg 191 and Designer Frames Oval pg 188 on a scrap of Cherry Cobbler....  First cut then Emboss

















Now for a secret I learned just yesterday from my hostess!
When using the Adorning Accents Edgelit Dies pg 190 , take a tiny piece of tape and tape the ends down, it keeps it from moving as you do your layers
And I did this using my grid paper so I knew I got it all straight! I am so bad at using this die!!

I put it as close to the bottom edge as I could so I could slide my card stock to the edge so it was straight too

Now with the Adorning Accents Embossing Folders, I used the 2 at the same time through machine, it works faster for me when doing quite a few for everyone! They are on pg 188



Now on to scoring your base, with your fancy edge to the right score at 4 1/4”



Adhere you image to the frame you've made

I used Dimensionals to adhere the frame to the base

And since my card is dark I put a piece of Whisper White insed for a message. It also turns out nice since we’ve cut off  the bottom of the front!

Walla! All pretty!

The ladies yesterday were discussing which other stamps could go on here and colors….. Play around see what you create!

 I totally case’d this card idea from Amy Celona

I also need to thank my sister Raye Lynn for all her help with the cutting.
  This handicapped business is for the birds! LOL 








3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Vikki Jo. Great job on the tutorial. I'm going to have to try this out and see how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!!

    Spook is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card! Very well done Hun & TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete

In Colors 2024-2026

Peach Pie Shy Shamrock Petunia Pop Pretty in Pink Summer Splash   Available 1 May 2024 https://www.stampinup.com/?demoid=2145450