13 October 2012

Easy No Bake Oatmeal Cookies

Dave and I were trying to talk Diane into making cookies (I do not bake!)

She asked if I have all the ingredients to make them and I rattled off what I have..... everything except eggs and chocolate chips

I said I have Oatmeal and Cocoa, do they count for anything LOL

She told me to go make No Bake Cookies... said I would if I knew how

I dug out every cook book I have but not a single no bake cookie to be found.. so I text FIL "Tell mom she has to make us cookies!"

She called me back and said get a pen!


2 cups Sugar
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Cocoa

Bring to a Rolling Boil
Let boil 1 minute
Add

3 Cups Oatmeal

Drop by spoonful onto wax paper

(I shared with FIL)

Well then I thought they'd be good with Peanut Butter!
Turns out they were s'posed to have p'nut butter but FIL doesn't like it so she dropped it

I made a second batch with 1/4 cup cocoa (I like it better)
and I made a batch with 1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter and still only 1/4 Cup Cocoa

YUMMY!

I feel my butt getting bugger though! LOL



2 comments:

  1. OMG! Those are my favorite cookies! My mom used to make them all the time. I have the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound so yummy. Add some chocolate chips and M&M's and you'd have Monster cookies, although I bake those. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Brightly Gleaming

 My sister and I spent all day Friday organizing all of the Christmas papers.  Turns out I have 10 full bins, all retired of just Christmas....